Cybersecurity Microservices/Container Software Engineer
PESA Switching Systems, Inc. is beginning a new chapter in our storied 47 years of operation as video and audio routing company and will soon begin working on a completely new Next Generation Control System. Because A/V over IP is the latest transport methodology, the focus of this Next Gen system is security. And not just any security, government grade security using FIPS 140-2 encryption and certifications for government agencies.
PESA is looking for a Cybersecurity Software Engineer to help code PESA’s next generation system using microservices and containers but also FIPS 140-2 level encryption. This Engineer will lead, support and provide direction for a new development team that are cutting edge technologies in highly secure A/V over IP systems. The position will provide executing the microservices/container architecture to help with design and delivery of secure video for various types of customers, including government and military, commercial, sports, education, and medical customers. You will work with and lead the team through security design, development, writing code, and delivery of secure product.
• Develop secure architecture using best-in-class tools and techniques for applications to control audio/video IP devices in secure locations.
• Be a team lead for implementation of design through the complete development and delivery process.
• Collaborate with hardware and embedded software engineers in the planning, design, and development of new products.
• Develop software according to a defined process and maintain existing software.
• Collaborate with senior engineers in the mid and low-level design of the software.
• Work independently and as a team leader to meet product delivery goals.
• Expertise in Linux, Linux programming, and either C++, Java, or Go.
• Knowledge of AGILE project methodology.
• Demonstrated success architecting and implementing software systems.
• Experience with distributed systems and micro-service architecture.
• Experience with REST architecture and RESTFUL APIs.
• Working knowledge of any of the following considered a plus:
º Database systems (SQL or noSQL)
º Cassandra or clustered MariaDB
º OpenSSL, Cryptography
º FIPS 140-2
º Video over IP, NMOS
• Ability to work self-directed and self-motivated toward defined goals.
• Demonstrated success coaching and leading a software team.
Download PESA – Cybersecurity Engineer June 2020
Qualified candidates please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.